The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

So our dog came down with kennel cough and we did not want to take him up to see my mother in law because she has three dogs of her own. So to make sure that we do not get her dogs sick we are having Thanksgiving at home with our little family. That also means I get to plan the meal, which I am sure that you know I jumped in to wholeheartedly. I love food, especially special occasion holiday food. Are you ready? This is our Holiday Menu, I got it from a Everyday with Rachel Ray Magazine. I am planning on changing a few things to make it my own like making my own bread for the stuffing and casserole, also I am going to make my own cranberry sauce, the pumpkin pie is my own and knowing me I might change a few details as I see fit as I cook. Not because I think it is better but because sometimes a little of this and a little of that makes the difference between good and wonderful. That and I sometimes forget I am supposed to follow the recipes.

Kiss of Lemon Turkey
Old-Fashioned Pan Gravy
Classic Bread Stuffing with Sausage
Cran-raspberry Sauce
Carmel Apple Sweet Potato Casserole
Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin pie
Pinot Noir (for the grown-ups)
Sparkling red cider (for the kids)

Maybe one other desert because this morning my boys(husband included) asked about more desert items. I do not want to go back to the store! Have you been there lately ever day closer to Thanksgiving the crazier it gets. Really! The only thing that would make this Holiday any better would be to have you and your family at our table.

I am going to post pictures later. If it all turns out and I hope it does.

I hope that your Thanksgiving is full of Love and Laughter and you leave with sweet memories to carry with you always. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment