The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lessons Learned August 28

Lessons I Learned this week.

Tomato pollen is killed in temperatures over 100+ degrees. I now know why we didn't get any fruit from our tomato plants this year.

Rob's grandma is a funny lady. I enjoyed having her here for the week.

Rob's mom has three dogs and it gets to be really loud when they are running back and forth on our hard floors, and they bark at everything. So for a week it is clippy-clop bark bark bark "Oh shut-up Ben, Tator, or Angel." clippity-clop bark bark.

Sue(Rob's mom) loves our kids, and they love her so it is always good to visit even though her dogs pee, pee, pee in the house.

Maybe I should have taken more pictures while they were here. I didn't think about it while we were visiting, and/or cooking.

A Prayer in Time of Need


Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and the future in your hands. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Shortly after saying this prayer while making breakfast my mother-in-law came and apologized to me for getting angry the night before. I know God heard my prayer and answered.

Sue has a better phone than I do. I showed her how to work the VZ Navigator function and a couple of other things. Now she loves it and is part of the reason she got mad at me in the first place.

We were going out to eat Mexican food because Great Grandma kept hinting around it all week. Rob drove us to a place we have been wanting to try. Sue used the VZ Navigator to locate Mexican restaurants and found one with a 5 star rating but we were at the restaurant and I said lets just go here. She got a bit mad and well I will leave it at that.

Turns out the Restaurant was good and on Tuesday's they serve 99 cent beer. Rob is ready to go back. We all enjoyed the food.

Over all I enjoyed company. Damian got to celebrate his birthday every night a different way. One night we had cake, the next Chucky Cheese where a kid can be a kid, the next night Mexican food, and the next day store time with Grandma.

I am glad that God loves us and listens to our hearts. In God I find it easier to forgive and let go of unpleasant moments and to be grateful for all the happy moments. I hope to continue to grow closer to God.

I hope that you have a beautiful week filled with love, laughter, and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment