The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

14 August Lessons Learned

August 14 Lessons I learned this past week

Air Conditioning is a luxury and not a necessity. The boys and I sweated through most of the week in our P.J.'s or in underwear(the boys refused to get dressed). As much as I love central air it is a privilege and we will not die from being to hot to do anything useful.

I miss making out a two week menu. I like knowing we have the majority of our food until we get paid again. Rob wanted me to do shopping for one week at a time which is fine until he needs dirt, or hoses (and he always needs dirt and hoses).

Making meal plans based on what the farmers market is selling for the week is hard and often not very exciting. Ever tried to make meals made up of zucchini for more then once a week? I love zucchini but my family misses the different meals I would normally make. It is hard cooking only local food. So we are back to the frozen vegetables, and super market produce (it pains me), if what I need for the weeks vegetables are not available.

Grey's Anatomy  is an addiction! While we waited for the maintenance man to come and fix our Air Conditioner we (I) watched Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I have not watched them all I think I have 26 more to watch but finally I stopped clod turkey and decided that I had had enough. I think it was crying for three hours straight at the very sad story line i.e. Izzy has cancer and George (my favorite) dies! So of course I spent time googling why T.R. Knight left the show. I hope he does something new for T.V. or a Movie so that I can visit him again. In case you don't know he is doing Broadway and he left because he felt like his character was disappearing from the show and never got a straight answer about his character. Izzy left because Katherine Heigl was a squeaky wheel, seriously I feel bad for Alex! I know I have problems but I stopped, I swear.

Yesterday I took the family to Lakeshore Learning Supplies. Rob who generally takes a backseat to all things learning fell in love with the store. Stopping and looking at everything often proclaiming that we need this, or Damian needs that. We bought posters, and a Book Record journal for Damian. We are planning on going back for more posters, workbooks, and games. But we can only do a little at a time. Not to worry about Damian's education along with workbooks he has a full online curriculum and he is a reader.

Boy Scouts or Cub scout uniforms are expensive. I have the feeling that in order to get Damian involved in things with other kids/boys his age we will continue to spend to much money! I hope he likes it.

There is another boy who is Home Schooled in Damian's Cub Scout Troop! God answers prayers for sure!

I hope your week is filled with Love and Laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment