The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Meal plan Monday

This week I took way to many pictures of the dinners we had. It is a little silly because I am not a photographer but I do love to take them anyway. I have been know to take a dozen different pictures in a dozen different angles and different locations. It may seem like a lot but I really enjoy it. Taking pictures is a hobby I have loved for a long time. A love affair that I always come back to, sometimes it is oh so good and sometimes it is a blurred mess. Why am I talking about pictures of food instead of telling you the best meal of the week? Because it is easier today to ramble. Last night while we ate a yummy Macaroni and Cheese I asked the family what their favorite meal was this week and my husband like any man had to be reminded of the food. My kids claimed the Macaroni and Cheese was the best until I reminded them of all of the different suppers we had. I heard "oh yeah that was good," "That was really good too" "That was almost my favorite if only it had a little cheese" "Everything". They were no help in choosing the meal of the week. What is a girl to do? Post pictures of every meal and post the recipe to the best picture. Maybe you would like to help choose a winner, that would help me out. I will try to limit the pictures to no more then three or four a piece. No guarantees but I will try. So there are no pictures in this post, I am going to dive right into the menu. (One little thing my mother in law is coming so I might deviate from the plan a little. Maybe it will be easier to choose the winning meal next week. Only time will tell. In any case wish me luck.)

Meal Plan

Monday
Lamb Stew

Tuesday
Chili

Wednesday
Frittata

Thursday
Meatloaf

Friday
Chicken spaghetti

Saturday
Ground Beef wellington
w/buttered cabbage

Sunday
Chicken fried steak
with mashed potatoes

I hope that you have a wonderful week filled with Love, Laughter, and Delicious meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment