The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, August 8, 2011

7 August Lessons learned

August 7 Lessons learned this week.

We drove to Panama City, Florida for a lovely visit with friends that are family. It is a fourteen hour drive. So I packed the car with plenty of toys, and books to keep the boys busy on the long, long trip. Of all of the things I packed James only played with his puppy on the way there. Damian only read one book. Mostly the boys spent most of their trapped time dreaming of sandy beaches and Mimi.

On the way home which felt like twice the drive. James took out all of his toys and books unable to get comfortable and occupied. Damian read the same book.

Damian likes to know where we are so when we are driving, which we love Road trips, he will ask what state are we in, How much longer until we are in the next state, and How long have we been driving now. Although they seem like odd questions he knows where states are on the map and keeps a mental log of where he has been. He may never forget that Florida is next to Alabama, then Mississippi, followed by Louisiana, and finally Texas. He does the same thing when we drive to Oregon but we often take different routes depending on what we want to see on the way.

As nice as it is to get out of the house for a week it is always nicer to be home again.

We had a lot of fun in Panama City and we all enjoyed seeing great friends this week. It was filled with lots of love and  laughter. I can hardly wait to see them in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment