The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Little Artist in the making








I bought some supplies so that the kids can paint pictures for Father's day. I was so surprised at the gusto James painted his picture. At times it seemed as if a whole orchestra played while he conducted the colors. When he told me he was finished I proudly asked what he painted. His response was a chicken pooping on the road. Damian fell in love with play-doh. So the boys begged me to buy them play-doh. If by some chance you do not know that play-doh does not come out of carpet, and it drys out if the lid is not on just right you might not understand why they would have to beg and make a big promise to take care of it. I caved because we no longer have carpet in the living room or kitchen or dinning room. Damian has a talent for making models of snowmen. Of course I was right to be leery of the soft clay. The white is now pink and covered in cat hair and is that a chunk of play-doh stuck to the floor? Oh well they are only young once and I know one day I will miss the messes happy children make. If you by chance have a happy child who loves to clean be thankful the Lord has blessed you in this way and please don't rub it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment