The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 18

Well I started this diet with high hopes but I learned last week that sometimes life throws the best laid plans out the window. Rob Grandfather passed away last week so we drove 10 hours to help the family in anyway possible. We stayed for five days and my diet lost the battle. So now I am home and struggling the light my fire but I don't want to restart the diet. So I decided to add the five days of cycle 1 and move on to cycle 2 after that. Then after cycle 3 decide if cycle 1 needs to be revisited. This morning I weighed in at 160.4, so I am at a 2.5 pound loss. With the bad week last week every pound counts.



On to another subject school. I have learned that I am no good at math. I have studied hard and I am frustrated because I am still only making a B in the class. I am trying to bring it up but each new lesson stresses me out. I watch YouTube Videos on the subjects and then when I am feeling confident I take that week's tests and get a score of 72-85. Three more weeks left of this class and I am going to celebrate when it is done! I will take a B in this class knowing I did the best that I could. I was really hoping to get a 4.0 in College but I guess the first B is the hardest to shallow.



Our garden is not enjoying the heat here in San Antonio. Everything seems to look sunburned. Surprisingly our tomatoes are finally starting to fruit, so is the okra, eggplants, summer squash, and cucumbers. I don't know how much we will get to eat but I am still hopeful. If nothing else this year will teach us how to be better gardeners next year. It is a good lesson to learn and hopeful next year we will be able to gather fruit from the fruit trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment