The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My new obsession

This blog may fall into the way to much information category. I have been on birth control since I was sixteen and I can count the number of periods I have had over at least the last ten years. Due to the different types of birth control. After I had James I got an IUD, it worked but my body often felt weird and out of sorts. So I decided to go all natural like God made me to be. I had the traditional feminine products they smell, they feel like you are wearing a diaper, they rub me wrong and it is gross that we just throw it away to go to a landfill where it will not breakdown. I started researching the different products that are available that are environmentally friendly and that are better for me. I found Lunette Cups which are menstrual cups to replace tampons ( I really hate tampons!). I choice Lunette because it was rated as the easiest to clean out of all of the cups. I wanted simple. I love it! It takes a minute to figure it out but be honest it took a minute to figure out a tampon the first time. It does not dry you out like tampons and you can wear it for up to 12 hours as long as you are not to heavy then you just empty and wipe clean ( I bought the The Lunette disinfecting wipes), It is easy to use and easy to clean. Then I found Gladrags. I placed an order with a second cup and a variety of their cloth pads with a wet bag to store them in. Today my Gladrags arrived. They are so soft. I can't wait to use them next month. So I took some pictures to show you.


I wanted to show you the three sizes.

This is a night pad and I think it will cover your whole panty, so there is no chance of leaks.

This is the day pad which is a regular sized pad. Both of these has inserts that fit in the back so you control the thickness you need.

On top is the pantyliner it is a cute little thing.

They all snap under the panty .

Wet bags. the big one is for storing the pads at home and the small one fits in your purse.



My Lunette cups. They come with pretty bags to store them

The cup is about as long as my thumb and the tail is not bother some.

I hope this inspires you to try out the Menstrual Cups or cloth pads. Gladrags.com are a really caring company. They have great customer service. I recommend you start there. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I have to ask...How far up does this thing go? It is an interesting concept that is for sure...Can you wear it at night? hhmmmm...something to consider for sure because I hate pads, The only time I have used them since I was 14 was after giving birth.. and tampons sure do dry you out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete