The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thunder storm

Yesterday I woke up in the wee little hours of the morning during a Thunder Storm. The first thing I did was Thank God for the rain as we are in the 3 worst drought in recorded history. Then I laid in bed listening to the thunder roll, thinking is that a train whistle? Thunder here is not a gentle rolling, no it is a freight train coming at your house, it roars, it snarls and I get up to watch TV in case the warning signal comes on. I am the only person in my house who is awake standing guard against the natural forces. You see I am afraid of tornadoes, and since I have never been part of a tornado I am afraid of the loud booming, thunder. It never fails I wake up and I am unable to go back to sleep until the storm has calmed. So I went to the living room to watch whatever was on at 2 in the morning on the 4 channels we get. Flashing lightening filled the room, the thunder filled me with worry and on the Zubo (a cartoon channel) He-man. For a moment I was reminded of watching it with my brother when we were much younger. Just a brief flash of us together as small children. I wonder if he still likes He-man. I settled on Everybody Hates Chris, a cooking show on Ion a little blond woman making a meal for two complete with a cocktail I wonder why he hands is shaking, and finally According to Jim. After two hours the storm moved on so that it was not so loud and I was able to sleep. Still fear and all I am thankful for the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment