The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 5: A picture of your favorite memory.

Day 5: A picture of your favorite memory.
Paris, France.

 Rob and I took a trip to Paris for our third Anniversary. This was bigger then just a vacation or our last vacation as a couple with out kids. For me this trip was a dream come true. I love France. I took french in High school and fell in love with the language. So I had a dream that I would one day sit at a cafe overlooking the Eiffel Tower and I would order a cafe ah lait and a croissant. When Rob took me to Paris of all the places that we could have gone I don't think I really understood how much he really loved me. He loves me so much that he wants to make these dreams come true. It turns out that it is a little difficult to find a cafe overlooking the Tour De Eiffel but we did find one as we walked through the city. Unfortunately even though I practiced my french our waiter spoke English and happily let me order the coffee in french but spoke the rest of the time in English. It turns out that as long as you try to speak french that French people are happy to use English. I fell in Love with Paris. Everything is art the people, the buildings, the parks, and everything has a story attached to why they did this or that. We took a bus tour of the city and a boat tour and I loved listening to the abstract tongue in cheek stories. For example they have this place near the river that is all lit up at night with red twinkle lights a pretty little area, but it that place used to be a slaughter house and the lights represented the swarms of flies. Really I love their sense of humor. 

The picture above is not one of mine. I don't have any on the computer and I don't know how to hook the scanner up. The large glass plaques that you see standing in front of the Eiffel Tower says one word in every language on the planet, Peace. It is very moving piece of art, I stood tracing words for maybe fifteen minutes. I hope that we will return again and share it with our children for longer then a three day weekend. I want to get a metro pass, and rediscover the city by foot. Eat at the street stands that sell the most delicious crapes, wonder the halls of the Louve, enter Notre Dame (I was too intimidated by it last time), and share my love with my boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment