The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 11: A picture of something you hate.

Day 11: A picture of something you hate.



 I hate wasting money so much that I would rather diet then to go up a pants size. Well that and vanity. I stress about shopping and I have to think about everything before I buy it and when I decide to go and spend the money if it's not there I am almost relived. That is not what I hate.


I really hate it when someone tells me that they can not afford to buy food, diapers, formula because they are so broke and really can not afford to feed the family. Then, then they turn around and tell me about an expensive, totally ridiculous  thing that they are doing or buying. Really People! Pay Your bills, buy food for your family, everything else is a want and unnecessary. I promise not to hold it against you. If you feel like you need to impress me with something. Please don't. I am more impressed by people supporting their family and doing what they need to do to have a healthy, happy family.

We are so careful about where we spend money I once made Rob and I stop drinking any kind of alcohol for two months because I thought we wasting money. We have lived with one car for the last 5 years because I did not want two car payments.We needed the second car, so after our last payment was sent to the car we bought a second. We still have debt. And we are really trying to get it all paid off and we are hoping to be credit debt free within the next two years. My obsession with our money is because we have made some stupid mistakes in the past. It comes with growing up, we made mistakes now we are paying for them slowly. Last year we started with a total debt of 21,000, this year we are down to 8500 not including the new car which doubles our debt or the house because I can't not even fathom 150,000 dollars in debt. The house doesn't count because we would be putting the same money in to rent.  Wait a minute pay day must be coming up, I am thinking of bills.


What do I hate, wasteful spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment