The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

I am sure I have better pictures of us but this one does the trick. I could have chosen one of my grandparents because they have always been there for me. When I was a teenager my mother had a falling out with her family and for over 5 years I didn't see them. I chose my husband because he was the first person I let all the way in, in to my heart, in to my mind, and in to my secrets. The truth is that when I left my mother's house I had never felt more alone and I never wanted to feel discardable again. Before Rob I was utterly afraid of getting close to people. I was a horrible broken mess when I met Rob over ten years ago. I never slept except in short cat naps. I had horrible nightmares and frankly I was afraid to sleep. Even in the beginning I felt safe enough with him that I would sleep for a couple of hours at a time. Thanks to him now I get cranky without 8+ hours of nightly rest. He is my best friend, he has always supported me, and is the reason I have blossomed into the person I am today. I am looking forward to growing old with him. He is the foundation to our life. I love him more everyday.

I wish I could be more open about myself but it is extremly hard for me. I am hoping that I get better as the days go by.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job! And I love the fact you wear your craziest socks to the doctors apts! And I am so jealous that you can cook without following the recipes!

    ReplyDelete