The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 4: A picture of your night.

Day 4: A picture of your night.


My lovely husband puts the boys to bed at night and it leaves me with some much needed quiet time. Normally I can be found at my desk doing school work. I still hand write all of my rough drafts and I take notes with what ever is handy as I do my research. Here is a secret about me, I love research even when I hate the topic. I will research until I feel like I can write an intelligent paper on the subject, or when I feel like I understand. I read every article about the health care bill when it was being argued over in congress. Not that I can make a huge difference but I can argue my side of it with conviction. Back to my night. If I am finished or caught up with school work I often open the bible. In the picture I have the New Living Translation and The American Standard Catholic version but I have 6 all different versions of the bible and my favorite is King James version. I often read a passage in one bible then look them up in all the others. I do this because I believe that some things get lost in translation and every version is translated by man. I want to know what God is trying to tell us. Rob is planning on buying me The Douay-Rheims Bible because it is a direct translation from the original texts and I love the thees and thous. I have a hard time reading straight though the bible as you can imagine I  do not get far in a sitting but I come away with a grain of knowledge that I can hold on to. Also in the picture is a Bible study by Beth Moore called Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent. A friend of mine is reading Daniel and it inspired me to try one. I chose this because I love the psalms and it seemed like a good starting point. I started it last night and I am trying to put my head to the floor every night in prayer. I thank the Lord for all the blessings he has given to me and for the his greatness. I always ask for him to shine a light on to my feet and guide me. It is a journey I am on and sometimes it feels dark as I struggle with my path to faith. I know that God is good all of the time. I think my struggle is letting him take the wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment