The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My scale is after me!

The thing about the new year is facing the holiday aftermath on the scale. It is bad, real bad I gained between 4-6 pounds by eating yummy holiday food. Which is never nice to see after I worked so hard to lose the 15 pounds last year. I of course started searching for diets that I could try. Last year I gave up meat for lent, tried and failed at the 17 day diet, and also sparkspeople. Sparkspeople is a great website to help a person lose weight. The problem I found is the calorie counting, I make so much of our food from scratch and we also switched to only eating grass fed animals which are lower in calories then the grain fattened animals I was spending a lot of time on sparkspeople recipe calculator to figure out how many calories I was eating. Basically the problem with all of these diets was me. Writing this I realize that what I need to do is to throw out all of those wonderful excuses and buckle down. Between you and me I am not likely to do that. Currently I am taking two courses toward my college degree, homeschooling the boys, cooking our meals from scratch, and trying to keep up on the house work. I am not interested in spending twenty minutes calculating the calories in say a roasted chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, couscous, and a slice of bread (dinner last night).  I am just going to focus on exercise this year and not what the evil scale tells me to focus on. How many of us let the scale boss us around, put us down, and cause drama? Please don't let it be just me (fingers crossed). I am going to walk on my treadmill at least twenty minutes 5 days a week. I would like to increase my exercise a little bit each month. I am hoping that by doing this will help me feel better and maybe lose a little bit of weight as a bonus.

The number doesn't matter that much right?

I hope that you don't let the scale get you down because you are beautiful just the way you are. Also I hope that your week is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment