The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Instant coffee

This morning it was a sad realization that we were out of coffee and it is still two days before we can go to the market. I reluctantly drug (side note, isn't it funny that the paste tense of drag is drug which also the word for treating illness with medication, illegal substance, and to cause harm to a person by use of a narcotic. I took the time to look it up because I thought I was wrong and I was not, it is the English language. I am milking the side not this morning. Blame the instant coffee) my trusty jar of instant coffee that I use as an ingredient in stews, cakes, frosting, and whatever else comes up. In goes a teaspoon of coffee crystals, and to help me over how gross instant coffee really is I break out my secret weapon, sweeten condensed milk. It is wonderfully decadent all creamy and delicious. But it is instant coffee so no matter how hard a person tries to dress it up in a show stopping dress the first sip is awful. Hitting my taste buds like damage goods. They screamed "Why, why are you torturing us?" But by the half way mark they settled down resigned to my addiction to coffee to which has driven me to this sad state of affairs. To make matters worse is the last cup of coffee that I had was the most incredible, heavenly tasting cup I have ever had. My friend made me my very first cup of vietnamese coffee. When I went to Paris all I drank was french coffee, I loved their coffee. I dreamed of that coffee for months. Friends let me tell you vietnamese coffee is going to haunt me for a lifetime.



I hope that your morning started with a better cup of coffee than mine did. As always I hope your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment