The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Puffy Recipe

I found a quick breakfast recipe hidden in my stack of grocery store cookbook. You know those little cookbooks that stare at you while you are waiting to check out (if not then I know you are secretly reading those trashy tabloids. Not to worry those two head aliens are crazy! Well that and all those glossy celebrity magazines, where everyone looks perfect in messed up relationships and who looks great in a bikini.) anyway I used to have a slight problem that I had to kick. I think I bought all of those little magazines for two years straight. I finally stopped buying them and gave all but four away. One of them is all about breakfast. This is important because breakfast around here is oatmeal, or eggs. I am not a morning person, my kids are. As soon as they wake up they ask what is for breakfast. I growl while I pour coffee and aim for the easiest way to make breakfast. The puffy pancake should called perfect because it requires almost no thought before my first cup of coffee. Here is a link to Betty Crocker's recipe for puffy pancakes  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/puffy-oven-pancake-with-berry-topping/fa1070e1-1aed-438d-87c7-5366ff90fff3


Puffy Pancakes

Ingredients 

2 tablespoons butter (I use the stick kind and don't always measure but it puffs up more with a little more butter)
2 eggs (Farm fresh eggs are the best but any kind will do)
1/2 cup flour (Whole wheat flour also works great)
1/2 cup milk (Any kind of milk can be used. I have used heavy cream, raw milk, almond milk, and whole organic milk.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon extract (Your favorite extract works and adds a hint of a lovely flavor I have used peppermint, vanilla, coconut, and almond extract but any flavor works. Also instead you can use citrus zest such as lemon and oranges)
Toppings can be anything you like the recipe suggests 2 cups fresh berries, but I dust it with powdered sugar and top with nuts, coconut flakes, berries, apple slices, and dried fruit. Use what you like or what the kids like.

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put your butter into a pie pan (or what ever pan you have. I like to cut the butter into smaller pieces so that it melts faster.) Put the pan in the oven. Mix the eggs, flour, milk, salt, and extract in a bowl. When the butter is melted take your pan out of the oven pour the batter into the pan put into the oven for 25 minutes. Serve hot with your topping of choice.

That is it! Easy. My kids think I am wonderful every time I make this, I am willing to bet that your kids will think the same about you.

I do not have any pictures of this wonderful pancake.  Here is the one from Betty's website

Puffy Oven Pancake with Berry Topping


I hope that you have a wonderful week filled with Love and Laughter. Be well Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment