The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

new year resolutions

I know that we are still four days away from the year 2012, but I have been thinking about what my goals for next year will be and if I followed through with my goals this year. Have you been thinking about these things too?

My first question to myself is what were my resolutions for this year? I am not sure of all of them, I checked and I didn't post any either. Which is good because I can't beat myself up over it. I know for sure that I wanted to lose 30 pounds to be able to fit into my wedding dress by our 10 year anniversary. I lost 15 pounds which at times felt like an uphill battle. Considering I have finished at least 5 collage classes receiving a B and 4 A's, homeschooling the boys, changing our home school curriculum, and everyday life I am really proud of that 15 pounds. I have gained a few pounds over Christmas which is disappointing but not a problem.

My goals for 2012 are as follows:

I am going to focus on exercise this year. I want to be on the treadmill at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

I would really like to lose that last 15 pounds.

Start saving towards retirement. Remember our dream is to homestead or run a small family farm when Rob retires in 10 or so years.

No credit... We were bad this year buying all of these trees and various other things for the house on credit. I don't regret it because at least this way they will look nice when we have to sell the house in ? years.

This year I want to give up eating out! So be prepared for blog posts on dinners. I want to bring back recipe Tuesday and Meal plan Monday. We will see I am still in school.

School I am going to take one eight week class at a time so that I do not get overwhelmed and can be a better mother and wife.

These are the top six of my resolutions. I think that they are all attainable. I will let you know how it goes throughout the year, maybe. I will update this time next year.

I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment