The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Misadventures in crochet


Recently I found my love of crocheting again. When a dear friend of mine introduced me to this quiet activity I used it as a way to worry. I was able to sit and think about all of those little things that I needed to work out until my mind quieted down. Like meditating I found a kind of peace working a single crochet over and over again. I did make three baby blankets one good, one mostly good, and one ridiculously small. Then I spent four years making a crazy big blanket for my husband. We have a queen sized bed and it seriously hangs to the floor on three sides. IT is a warm blanket that we use in the winter. After I finished that crochet project I started to learn to quilt in the ever slow way that I taught myself to sew. I always learn the hard way. Have you ever had a little thing go wrong in a project that you are working on? I do. I like to think of these mistakes as little misadventures in which I learn valuable lessons the hard way. I am proud of them but I really try not to repeat them if at all possible. Today is a post on my recent misadventures.



I started a hat and it turned into a pot holder and then a bowl cozy. What went wrong? My counting, most likely was the problem. It looks cool on the table.

Between you and me after I made this I decided to take a brake from hats.

Both of these started with hopes of being a lovely hat.

I like them for the kitchen table. Because if I had not told you it was a mistake it looks like a handmade potholder.



I hope that your new year is filled with adventures of all kinds, love, and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment