The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stalker???


I found out that The Pioneer Woman was signing books in my Mother in laws hometown. I was a little taken aback like I could be there right now if we had a reason to be there now. So in a desperate attempt to live vicariously through my mother in law I called her and told her about the book signing that is at a store less than two miles from her house. As you know I love the Pioneer Woman and I am looking forward to her new cookbook, which I have already bought in my mind as soon as it is released. I love her recipes which I learned how to properly cook Chicken Fried Steak and a yummy chocolate sheet cake. Which I had to admit to my mother in law when I asked her if she might go meet  P.W. (Pioneer Woman) in person. She looked at P.W.’s blog and luckily for me her blog was about her freaky dog (my dear mother in law loves dogs more than anyone I have ever met) and she was sold. This is where I get a bit stalkery I called to remind my sweet mother in law that today was the day. I told her I only wished her to have a nice time. My mother in law called me a couple of hours later and said she was in line and that she was going to let me say hello. I died. I said no you just enjoy yourself no need for a phone hand off but she did it anyways. Well I am pretty sure I sounded like a crazy person when I thanked P.W. (my new almost friend) for writing both her blog and her cookbook (life changing). She asked where I lived I told her and she told me she would be here in March! That is right I marked the calendar and told her I would be in line to meet her. She Thanked me and I Thanked her.  Now, Now my friends I am drinking wine to calm down. Because I was surprised and I never thought that I would be struck dumb by a celebrity (I know she is a regular woman, who home schools her regular kids and is married to a regular man but you understand).  I love how she writes and she inspires me to be better. Of course she is already living my dream (living on a farm, homeschooling her kids, and earning a living writing and cooking ),  it gives me hope. She sounded super nice and now I have to go to her book signing in March. I hope her new cookbook is out then. If it is not do you think she would sign a very used book? Because I use that cook book a lot and I lent it to my friend who I know is using it a lot. I hope her new cook book comes out soon. My birthday is in April and if it came out in March it would count. Anyways friends it was pretty cool of my mother in law to think of it and it really made my day. P.W. could almost be my new best friend, no I am not that stalkery yet. Check back in March. I might be worse.
I don't have a picture of her book alone.
All of this is from her cookbook. Not the tea but I am sure she thought about putting it in.
She was the one who taught me this.

I don't know where I would be with her Potato leek pizza.
My husband is also grateful for all of the wonderful meat recipes I learned.
That chocolate cake I had to admit I used P.W. recipe and I make more than I should because it is easy and impersive. Yeah, I am pretty sure this is why I still have 10-15 pounds left to lose.



This is where I stop with the pictures of P.W. food even though I have more because I am a crazy person. 

I hope your week is full of Surprises, Love, and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment