The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Reality Check

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago I posted about my weight loss goals? How I said I didn't want to change the way I was eating and would only weigh myself once a month? Yeah I do too. Yesterday I told my husband that I thought our cat was fat. We were discussing whether or not the dog was eating the cat food. He said it was the dog and I said it was the cat. Anyway I ended up proving it by getting on the scale to weigh the cat. The truth is I was mortified at my weight gain. So now I know I need to be proactive and do the work.

So let's call this the start of phase two.

I am going to count calories on www.sparkpeople.com

My goal is 1500 calories a day.

Honestly I have done this before and the reason why I have been dragging my feet is because the first 4-6 weeks sucks. If you want to do it with me that would be awesome. I could use the encouragement and a partner in crime.

I am also going to do the exercise plan that sparkpeople.com sets up for me.

I am going to keep doing couch to 5K

Did I mention that sparkpeople is a free program? It is. Does that help convince you to join me? No. I don't blame you.

Each one of these stones equal half a pound. I decided to go with half pound measurements so that I will be able to move over more stones. I know from past diets that sometimes I only lose half a pound and I want to count that.

So I went up one pound in two weeks. I am going to stop making candy for awhile. Since it seems to be sticking around for longer than I would like. I have next to no self control if the candy is in the fridge. It is bad! Monday at 7:30 will be my weigh in time.

I have 22 pounds to lose. Which may not seem like a lot but to me it feels like a rocky mountain and I am at the bottom not even at base camp looking up. I know I can do this and that it will get easier once I get started. So if you are in with me, I am begging now (please, please, pleeease I don't want to do it alone), I know we can make it to the top.

I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment