The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bright hair ideas

I have long hair not overly gross long hair but it does come to the middle of my back. My husband asked me to grow it out because he loves long hair. Now I am ready to change it but I want to wait to cut it until I have enough to donate like 12+ inches. What is a girl to do? I mostly wear pony tails, bulky hair clips, and braids. Then I got an idea, a truly bright idea, a awful horrible idea. Remember when I said I wanted Farrah hair from the 70's? Well I went out and . . .

I bought curlers. This is only the second time I have rolled my hair. I think it looks both hilarious and wonderful. I think it is the possibility of perfectly wavy hair. Did you know that most people use like a can of hair spray to roll their hair? I did not and most likely will not use hair spray. I just want to try it out and see if it looks different.

I have to admit I spent hours watching YouTube trying to figure out how to use these rollers. I got lost on some vintage hair and make up which is cool. At some point I am watching this girl put on make up and it occurred to me that I don't wear make up. Did you know that a pin roll is a curl hot from the curling iron pinned to your hair unrolled until it is cooled? That seems to be an insane amount of work. Because I have long hair and half of it is really thick it takes forever for my hair to dry. So I water the yard, do a little dance, drink some coffee, make food, do dishes, wait, wait, and then blow dry in a desperate last ditch move. So while we wait let's listen to some music.

Take a bottle, shake it up, Break the bubble, break it up Pour some sugar on me. Oh Yeah!

Let's dance put on your red shoes and dance the blues, Let's dance to the song they're playin' on the radio
Everyone Wang Chung (I am not even sure what that is but it sounds fun)
I just think this song is just cool.

It takes forever to dry my hair! So I finally grabbed my blow dryer and tried to dry my hair a little faster. Then I unrolled slightly damp hair.
So I still have super long straight hair. Oh wait plus a new random crimp at the top of my head which is why my hair is parted like this. At somethings I am totally helpless. Maybe the third time will be a the charm. Besides practice makes perfect right? Any ideas on what would make this easier? For the record I prefer the picture with the hair curlers in the above picture.
I hope you have a wonderful day filled with Love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love BOTH pictures!! You look so cute with the curlers! I love it! But oh my goodness, you have beautiful hair! Wish I could help, but this is an area where I am helpless as well.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope that when my hair gets longer (because I donated ten inches) I will figure out the curlers.

      Delete