The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Things that I fear

Here are some things I have always wanted to do but was to afraid to try.

1. Dye my hair bright pink.

2. Dye my hair purple

3. Dye my hair red.

4. Bike long distances.

5. Bike across Europe.

6. Alone with a backpack.

7. Travel to New York City.

8. Own chickens in the backyard.

9. Write a non fiction book from start to finish.

10. Run a marathon.


Here are a few things I was afraid to do but did it anyway

1. Go to College.

2. Finish College (Considering I am planning on getting my degree sometime this decade it counts).

3. Fly.

4. Use my canner to store food. (A new step for me)

5. Get married. (I know I was young when we got married but up until we set the date I was scared)

6. Move away from my hometown.

7. Have kids.

8. Made new friends everywhere we travel. (I am a nervous wreck around people I don't know)

9. Sew my own clothes. (My one skirt counts because I plan to make more)

10. Home educate my children.

Today look at all that you have accomlished even though you might have been scared and know you did it. You are wonderful. You are worthy. You can. And friends I am starting to understand that all of those thing aply to me too. I may not be perfect but I am an active work in progress. Be brave and try something new.

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this, I felt like it was for me. Thank you, dear friend, for this post. I needed to read this and gain a new perspective, and I needed to see that I am not alone. I think I may do a post like this in the near future, if you don't mind. You got my mind turning.

    BTW, I have always wanted to write a fiction book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I inspired you at all it is a real honor and you should do what is in your heart. It is a wonderful way to see the things that you have accomplished. I have a lot more for each list but I wanted to keep it short. You are not alone my friend. I am standing beside you a thousand miles away.

      I have actually written close to two hundred pages of a fiction story but I lost it in one of our many moves. It is part of the reason I am getting an English Degree to prove to myself that I can finish.

      Delete