The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Crochet dreams

I have been busy crocheting away avoiding my own school work which has put me in a last minute time crunch getting everything done. Yet here I am. So today will be a short post with pictures. So here are a few things that I have finished over the last week or so.

Flower clips. A little hot glue is amazing!

Remeber the last post with a weird green thing that was my sole.


The best part is these slippers are only half inch different in size (I had trouble keeping count I guess).

I made beards for my boys. I got the idea from http://calleighsclips.blogspot.com/

I love this picture

This is the same beard Damian is wearing but I love this man.

I have become obssessed with the idea of granny sqaures. This is my first one.

I tested a pattern to give myself an excuse to at least try. You see I have been afraid to try because I did not think I would be good enough.

I am happy to report that these are the same size. Which means if I wanted I could make a blanket.


 I still have a couple of things on the burner that I will get done sometime. I am thinking about doing a little follow along blanket a sqaure a day. I will post the patterns where I can so you can make a blanket at home too. I like to do things with friends and it could be fun to make something together. I have to decide on the colors that I want to use but I have to confess I have already been searching the web for free granny square patterns so that I can share them with you. What do you think? Believe it or not these granny squares are easy to make, which makes crocheting the sqaures to go by quickly. Well I need to get back to my own school work....

I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the beards! Those are great. That shawl is beautiful. And I guessed the slippers! Yay!

    I love granny squares and hope that one day I can get good enough to make a blanket! Your are wonderful. Post away, and when I am ready, I can come back and it will be like you are making it with me in spirit! LOL I can not wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really worried more about making squares than I was making the flowers. I was afraid that I would not be able to make the same size constantly. It turns out all those flowers made the granny squares feel like a breeze. I know that you can do it if I can. I hope that when I am ready to start that you can follow along with me. When you are ready of course.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Thank you for the compliments.

      Delete