The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hats, Scraves, and earrings

I have been busy crocheting lots of fun stuff. I am really excited to share my finished projects.

I would like to point out that I used the Galilee Scarf pattern from  http://www.etsy.com/shop/mamachee. For the hat I just modified the pattern a little to make it work.

For this hat I used mamachee's Brimley Hat pattern.

The spikes are also a pattern from  http://www.etsy.com/shop/mamachee

The reason why I am telling you where to get the patterns is because her pattern is copyrighted. More than that it is the right thing to do.

This as you guessed is from mamachee.

I have to tell you that Tara (mamachee) is super helpful. I got these patterns the same day I ordered them back in March and a couple of days ago I emailed her a question about the hair on this monster/bug hat. She emailed me within a couple of hours with a link to a video to help me. If you are looking for patterns she a great person to buy from.

Now to my very first pair of earrings. A couple of weeks ago I stumbled on to http://www.craftsy.com. They have classes that you can buy and I got the Crafty Crochet Embellishments class. I love it! It teaches you to add crochet embellishments to fleece to make a nice baby blanket, to towels, to sweaters, and more. That is where I got this idea from

I bought some hoop earrings from Hobby Lobby with the intention to follow along.

Well it turns out you do not need the hoop to make earrings. So I modified and used part of a flower pattern to finish these earrings.

Believe it or not these are not heavy and because it is yarn not bothersome either.

You know it is hard to take a self portrait with the earrings in the picture. I love them.

So this is what I have been up to lately. I also started on a set of matching blankets, quilting not crochet. Yes, I have many hidden talents that involve me avoiding say a college history course that started on Monday. No I am not avoiding it. I was kidding. Seriously. Okay, you got me I am procrastinating a little. So wants a new pair of earrings? Okay I will read three chapters of my world history work tonight. You are so right. I am glad we are friends and you help keep me in line. I am looking for a shawl pattern I think it would be a cool gift for a couple of people I know but I promise not to start on it until my blankets are finished, and maybe a girl bug/monster hat ( I already gave my word).

I hope you are having a wonderful creative day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your new projects!! These earrings are absolutely wonderful!! You can make me a pair anytime, only do your schoolwork first! =) They are great, and look fantastic on the beautiful model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those earrings are so easy to make. I want to first encourage you to give it a try. I will even tell you how I made these. If you are busy with your move I might be persuaded to make you a pair or two.

      Delete