The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Song of the day

Today Pandora is the DJ while I clean the house, cough, cough. Okay I am not killing myself but I did mop the floors. I think maybe I want to play more than one song for you today. I can offer you a cup of tea, a glass of wine, or whatever you have on hand that you really like. We will listen to music together and have a lovely chat. Ready or not.


There is a little game we like to play called worst case scenario (I have a feeling that most military family's play this game at one time or another.) It is not a fun game. What happens if my husband gets deployed for a year, and then gets hit with a short tour to Korea. It would be two years of separation from my favorite person. I say don't worry we own this house. We have friends. We will be okay. It would be the hardest two years ever but we will make it to the other side. He looks at me with those beautiful eyes and my heart hurts a little at the idea but I try not to show it. Because as hard as it is for me to be left waiting I know it is harder for him to be the one who leaves. Although we don't play this game very often it does come up from time to time. It is a way for both of us to reassure each other that we are okay through thick and thin. It the way it is in this life.
 
Frankly sometimes Pandora plays all the right songs sometimes  she cuts like a knife. Have I told you that I love Bon Jovi? Oh I do.  I do. I'll be there for you these five words I swear to you.
 
Tom Petty is here too. Sing along, I know you know the words. Now I am free, free fallin.
 
You see Pandora knows when she has gone too far. Then she plays me The Planets, Suite for Large Orchestra, Op. 32: IV. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity. I love this song. More wine, tea, coffee, anything? So how are you doing? I am already feeling the Jollity.
I think this is a wonderful song. It is starting to lighten up the mood. See we are laughing already. Maybe we we talk about the craziest thing we ever did. For me it was getting married. You see I never really wanted to be married until I did and a month later I was. Then you know I moved across land and sea to be with him.
Now I have to warn you not only am I singing this song because I know it by heart I am dancing. So come one on your feet dance with me friend.
We dancing now! Can you mash potato. Tell me, tell me! I wanna Know.
Well now that I am all out of breath. Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me. I feel so much better.
 
 
I hope you day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment