The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Keeping the wheels turning

I know I have been quite on my blog lately but I promise I have been busy with college, home school, a little house keeping, reading, and well a few other things. . .
This is a duct tape dress form. Turns out this is my good side.
Straight on I look well a little lumpy and
the I have an urge to get on the treadmill.
In theory it will help me make clothes that fit my body.
But I still want to lose 10-20 pounds.
Then I want a less lumpy dress form.
This will one day be a dress in theory.
Notice the lack of planets in the fabric.
It is going to be cute!
maybe.
hopefully
oh, dear.

I have been working on log cabin blankets.
As you can see this one is for Callie.
My friend is desperately waiting her arrival.

I love embroidery but I am a little rusty.
I hope they don't mind that it is a little sloppy
I did by hand free style.

An idea of what the whole blanket looks like.
It is not finished.
 
Callie has a big sister.
This is her blanket.
It is not even close to being finished.
Her Dad will be here in two weeks.
I want him to take them home.
I better get working.
I have school work!
Eek!!
Where the cuting happens.

A box of yarn, I am going to mail this out soon.

This is a shawl.
Oh will be
someday.

It takes a long time
It takes a lot of yarn
It takes the fun out of Crochet.
It is for my Mother-in-Law.

These are the same size
 I do not know why the right looks bigger.
They are baby flip flops
for Callie
Oh, dear...

 That is what I have been up too lately. Not to mention the cooking, I found a lovely recipe for sweetened condensed milk, cream of mushroom soup you add to recipes to make them amazing, and more.

Here is your song of the day
Proud Mary
What is better then Tina Turner?
Nothing.
Rolling, Rolling, Rolling on the river


I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment