The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Gifts at 10, 1 and 10

I have not forgotten to update my gifts, I just chose to wait until Monday. I like to keep the weekends family related.  Today's post is a gift at ten am, one pm and ten pm.

10am: Today the boys and I all curled up on the couch and I read a chapter of Peter Pan, it is one of my favorite books. I have read Peter Pan to Damian Twice and this is James' first time hearing it. The thing is when Damian was born Rob and I didn't want to read picture books over and over again. We were a little bit young and a lot dumb. So I would read chapter books to Damian at night. I read the entire Harry Potter series to him, Peter Pan, The Princess Bride, and so on. Rob read technical books to him (he still does if he can convince the boys they are good). When James was born Damian was learning to read so we were reading picture books and then Damian wanted to read to James at night so we let him. Now James is learning to read, ok he is learning the alphabet but reading comes after, and I want to take my last chance and read to the boys. They are growing up to fast.

1pm: I put on an exercise DVD to torture myself and the kids happily joined in as a growing support system. We deemed it P.E. and we all agreed that one pm should be for exercise DVD's. Then of course it is nap time.

10pm: My husband and I snuggle on the couch and watch a show on Netflix. Right now we are watching season three of Warehouse 13. I love this quiet time with my husband.

Song of the day
Okay I love the Disney cartoon version. Enjoy.


I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment