The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Philosophy Bites

Officially my computer is no longer in working condition. In fact I have to replace it. I am sharing my husbands temperamental laptop which occasionally gets to hot and shuts down randomly. He has been home for the last eight days so doing school work has been fun, considering he is also in college and was studying for his next rank test. He is taking the test right now, I hope he is doing better than he thinks he was going to do. I am taking a Philosophy class, I was so excited to take this class when I started. I was filled with hope that I could learn a new way to look at the world. In truth 30% of my grade is based on weekly tests. Every week I am assigned at least six chapters, 3 articles, 3 podcast, youtube videos, and several power point lecture notes, the quiz only has 10 questions and they could be on anything that was assigned. I am not good at testing. I can write a paper that clearly shows that I read and understood the material. When I am taking a quiz I second guess myself, I change answers, I generally freak out a little, and it is starting to show. I think I am going to squeak by with a B despite by best effort. It is disappointing. At least now I know I am not a philosopher and I do not have to take another philosophy class.

On another note, I have Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes and we are loving the recipes of course. In this book he puts the meals together on the same page starting with the Main dish all the way to the desert. I still spend about 30-45 minutes making these meals but it is nice to have everything go together. I recommend this cookbook if you are in the market for a new one. The other day I realized that I talk about how much I totally love Jamie Oliver and I told my husband that I don't mean the person, (I don't know him and as far as I know he is happily married with four kids. He talks about them in his books.) but as the chef who loves to share his recipes. He laughed at me and told me he never thought anything of it. Yes friends, I am a bit of a nut case. 

I hope that your week is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment