The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The next step

We finally replaced my poor computer with a new one, but not before I discovered that the temperamental laptop would suddenly shut off while I was working on class work, or researching my paper. This last week has been filled with panic attacks and a lot of tears. I had to write a paper on the age old question, "If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one around does it make a sound?". I chose this topic, I chose to do this because it would be funny, it would be ironic, and I wanted to be challenged. After researching this topic and writing a six pager on the subject. I have discovered that sometimes I am as dumb as I look/sound. The truth is it is a boring topic that is extremely challenging to write. I am not a philosopher and I never will be. What did I decide the answer to the question would be? Thanks for asking. My finale conclusion based on all the overly educated philosophers, and many scientific papers I read it is impossible to prove one way or another. Luckily for me the class is over next Sunday so this the last time I will ever bring the subject up. Now I am free to move forward with my life.

Today I found out when first confession is scheduled. March 6 is the day I go confess thirty years worth of sinning. I am quite frankly a little nervous. I have done some sinning, as we all have. It feels heavy to carry around. Maybe even through the first time is scary I will feel better, more forgiven. As if I can have a fresh start. My husband is relieved that he needs to be baptized and this will wash him clean of all of his sins. I wish I too could do this but it is what it is. I think I am ready for the sacrament. I will let you know how it goes (no not my sins.).

I am excited to do my garden update soon. Spring is in the air and so are a few green leaves and flowers. I love discovering signs of spring after winter. I know I live in Texas so winter is short lived but it seems like winter was short lived around the country. I have a dear friend in Michigan turn her soil for a spring garden. Then again she just a snow. I do not know but I am still excited. So if the sun is shinning tomorrow I am going to start taking pictures of the garden in the sunshine. Try to enjoy the lovely weather before the summer heat causes me to forget how nice February is.

I hope that your week is filled with lovely weather, Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment