The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lessons Learned 2 October, 2011

Lessons Learned
2 October 2011

My top five google searches this week all involved Tree Identification based on leaves, bark, and fruit.

I spent the whole week rereading my science book for my midterm. I got an 84 because I second guessed my self out of the right answer.  Really if my teacher looks at my test I might get an 88. One fill in the blank question was really close.

I lost 2 pounds by osmosis this week. I only hope I can continue all the down to 153 by the end of the year. That is five more pounds to make a total weight loss of 20 pounds this year. If I could lose more so that I can zip my wedding dress up by our anniversary I would be very pleased. One can dream.

Today my family started RCIA, we are converting to Catholicism. Today's lesson was God The Father. The first part of the holy trinity. I really like how they explained Creation vs Evolution either way it starts with the Father.

Earlier in the week I was watering some of our plants and I randomly started thinking about how I should pray for a storm that will filled the cracks in the earth, and quince the the thirst of the land. It is Texas, south Texas so the sky was blue and clear and it was hot 95 degrees. Round about 6 o'clock dark clouds rolled in. It stormed. The wind blew everything across the yard, and I rushed out to save the lawn mower, and rototiller from the rain. I thought I might be lifted up off the ground and land in the cow pasture behind us. Really I felt like God said, "I heard you."

Every drop of rain is a beautiful commodity. In order to break the drought we need 15-28 inches of rain.

This drought might last until 2020!

I want to move, no I want to stay until I finish school. No, really I want to move north, Then again we bough the house and I love it. I have no say in anything! We are staying for at least three more years maybe more. All we can do is wait and see. All I do is ask my husband if he can make things happen. He basically gives me a verbal pat on the head. "Silly woman. I have no say either."

 Right now we have squash growing. Really growing. I can almost taste the fresh squash sauteed in butter. This is the first time since we've moved here that we thought we would get to eat something that we grew!

Right today I realized that there are 83 days until Christmas! Eek! Santa is not ready this year. I am making a list, checking twelve hundred times, and hopefully I will start shopping soon.

I hope that the Autumn brings you brisk breezes, pumpkins, apple cider, hot chocolate, and that all your days are filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment