The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meal Plans

I need to go grocery shopping. Which means I need to make a list. I also need to plan two weeks worth of meals. Unfortunately all of the above falls to me. The boys in my family don't care and never have any input in what we eat until it is on the table or when I should be making dinner. I am looking for easy meals. I have two weeks left of Science and ten more weeks of my Literature class which means the next two weeks are filled. Twenty page power point on deforestation, two labs, a discussion board post on forest products, and a final covering science and a 1200 word essay on the Aeneid, read the Aeneid, a discussion board on Sakuntala, read Sakuntala. If you can't tell my next two weeks are full, very full. So what is for dinner?

Two weeks of meals:
  1. Rosemary Chicken in the crock pot, with rice and a green vegetable
  2. Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
  3. Tomato, Basil and Cheese Baked pasta
  4. Baked Potato soup-slow cooker style
  5. Huge pot of Chili that makes three meals
  6. Not to worry I will freeze the leftovers to have later
  7. in the two weeks. It will be vegetarian Chili
  8. Another Roast Chicken with mashed cauliflower, and corn
  9. Chicken noodle soup
  10. Lentil soup
  11. Vegetable soup
  12. Curry Pumpkin soup
  13. Butternut Squash Bake
  14. Broccoli-Potato Soup with greens
  15. Pork fried rice, with stir fried vegetables
  16. Pumpkin, Barley, and sage soup
Lots of soup for the month, but soup is easy and mostly does not require a lot of meat. We are trying to lower our meat intake down to about 5%. Basically just enough so that my husband doesn't feel deprived. We watched a documentary called Forks Over Knives and it changed the way we eat. It recommends a whole food diet and we aim for that but I really like to cook. . .Most of the time anyway. It is in the works, just small changes that improve our over all health. As soon as I finish up my science class we will start family walks again. Which might help my waist line slim a little but then again it will be just in time for the holidays. I need to learn to tight rope walk, or juggle, or just plain multitasking. I will get there someday.

I hope your week is filled with crisp fall mornings, hot chocolate, Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment