The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Recipe Tuesday

Pumpkin Spice latte Recipe from Betty Cooker

Ingredients
Lattes
2  cups milk
2  tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1  to 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1    tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee       
 
Garnish, if desired
Whipped cream
Dash pumpkin pie spice
2 cinnamon sticks
In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin and sugar over medium heat until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and coffee. 2 Pour into 2 large mugs. Garnish each with whipped cream, dash pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick

Tips:
Allow the Pumpkin-Spice Latte to cool, and serve over ice for a cold version.
If you do not have pumpkin pie spice at home, make your own by combining 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg. This will make about 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice mix.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pumpkin-spice-latte/a1ef6f8d-3c99-4b9d-86e4-25bdb1c46846?ESRC=16030&WT.mc_id=partner_facebook_Bettycrocker


When this recipe showed up on my Facebook news feed I knew I had to try it for myself. I love pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks but I don't like to pay $5 for a cup of yummy so it is rare that I get to sit back and enjoy a treat just for me. This morning I decided it was the day to give this recipe a try. Let me tell you that the only that would have made it better is whipped cream on top. I added a full cup of coffee instead of just half a cup. It was a lovely way to start my day.

I hope your day is filled with your favorite coffee flavors,love and laughter. Be well my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment