The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New recipe.

I have a new recipe for you. I found it here http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/04/chocolate-mint-brownies.html. Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies. They are Divine. If you like chocolate and mint these are for you. I love the http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/ they have all kinds of wonderful ideas and at least five times a week I see a new recipe for a meal, snack or dessert. If you need some new recipes to cook up for your family I recommend you take a look here. You can pin the recipes to pinterest. Well That is important so that you can find it again later or share it with all your pintrest followers.
.
 Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies

Brownies:
1 1/2 cups melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa
3 cups sugar
6 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups sifted flour

Mint Frosting Layer:
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 Tablespoons milk
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Green food coloring (optional) As you can see I did not add food coloring but I think you can really branch out away from green and use your favorite color, or your child's favorite color. Have fun with it and enjoy.

Chocolate layer:
2 1/4 cups semi-sweet OR milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter

Directions:
Whisk together melted butter and cocoa. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix well, then stir in flour by hand. Do not over mix. Spread in greased 12x17-inch cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Cool and then put in the freezer for 20 minutes. For frosting, mix butter, milk, powdered sugar and extract. If you want to add color, add your food coloring (you could also use red food coloring). Frost brownies and then put in freezer for another 20 minutes. Melt chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler (or in the microwave) and spread on top of the frosting layer. Freeze another


For the record in no way these are good for you except on special occasions when calories do not count. Any other time cut them into squares and share with all of your really skinny friends, or co-workers. Okay, okay kind of funny, sort of mean. I am sorry share with everyone or hide them and eat one everyday for a month. Up to you. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

I hope your day is filled with Love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful place for me to start! Those look so good!!!! I am going to have to make these! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so good. You will love them.

    ReplyDelete