The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Home school adventures

Today everything was all quiet and what did I see?
Two little boys reading on the couch.

To be honest James has memorized this book and loves to read it.
So far he can recognize 15 letters on sight and the other 11 he either knows the sound once we tell him the letter, knows the letter but not the sound, or completely draws a blank. He gets a little better everyday. Because he wants to read so badly he is trying harder.

Damian trying to read the kid version of The Last of The Mohicans in 1 hour. He will probably make it and move on to The Red Badge of Honor and finish that one today as well. He wants to read his new Birthday books but he has a stack of books from the library he needs to finish first.
 
 
That is what home school looks like today in our house. In a little while there will be some crying and begging and general chaos but now it is beautiful.

I hope your day is filled with sunshine and rainbows, lots of love and laughter. Be well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful! Your boys are great! Way to go Damian, and you are learning so well James, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete