The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Goal update

Family goals

1. No credit use- We have not used Credit at all This Year! I am so relieved when I see one less bill to pay each month because we are focused and driven.  This is a rewarding feeling. We can do this.



2. To pay off 5 of 6 bills- Starting debt- 17928.61   March debt-12331.96
We still have four bills left to pay off and because we are saving for our big move in July they seem to be looming and Staying the same but we have to save. So far since we found out about our move though we have saved almost $3000. Which is about $700 dollars straight to savings every month. This is a weird exciting feeling. I know we could pay off two bills with our savings but we are able to save 700 extra dollars a month and we have not gone in to credit. Amazing if I say so myself.


3. Vegetable garden that we can use for meals.- We are moving in a matter of months so we are no longer adding to our garden here. We will be starting a more permanent one in Texas. Rob has started taking the raised beds apart. It is a little sad to see all of his hard work just taken down so easily. The peas are going strong. I hope we get to eat a lot before we have to take them out.



4. Potty training James. Is on hold until we move to make moving easier for him.


5. Damian reading chapter books, Damian loves reading Chapter books now. He gets so excited when he finishes a whole book.



My goals- Are not going well at all. Maybe I tried to focus on too many things to get done this year.

1. Get Fit with good friends- I am not going to lie, I have fallen off of the wagon a lot.

2. To be able to run 6 miles in 1hour. Well I got back to the treadmill but I have decided to stick to 15 minutes which is just over a mile. I feel good when I get off and I haven't left my children to do to much damage.

3.Be a better mother- I try, and I think that is what counts.

4.Be a better house keeper- More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment