The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dancing to the beat of our own drum.

Tonight I told my husband that friends of ours was pregnant with their second child. He walked out of the room and I asked for another drink. He looked at me and said “if you did it would not be through me!” I asked why and he walked closer to me all serious and manly. I said, “I don’t think I am drunk yet.” He stopped pursed his lips like he does and said “Oh, you’re talking about your drink.” He was talking about a baby and all I could say was, “I believe in Miracles and we could keep trying.” He didn’t think that was funny at all. But it put me in the mood to hear I Believe in Miracles by Hot Chocolate and when the music started I wanted to dance. So with our children out of the bath and running around in underwear we stopped the world for one salsa dance in our bedroom at the foot of the bed. And in that four minutes and fourteen second dance I felt alive and in a fairytale. Isn’t it amazing how the small things can make the whole picture clear. I got my fairytale and maybe it’s not perfect but it is my fairytale in progress. My husband loves me, my children are happy and healthy and sometimes, (sigh) sometimes for one dance I get to stop the world and I know this is where I want to be dancing. “It’s where it’s at you sexy thing.” My love grows like a tree never ending each spring it gets bigger and brighter and taller. I hope that it never gets cut down.

Today I am happy. Be happy too even for just a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment