The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 1 of goals

Family goals

1. No credit use- So far we are doing fine but there are two whole weeks between now and payday. I think we can make it on what we have.



2. To pay off 5 of 6 bills- We made a big payment to the smallest bill so That should be paid off on the first of Feb. I guess I should post our total starting debt.... 17928.60 after January's payments we will be down to 17253.72. So far we are on track to be debt free.



3. Vegetable garden that we actually get to use for whole meals over just fresh snacks in the yard. Rob planted the peas, broccoli, lettuces this weekend.



4. Potty training James, We bought him a potty training book which he seems to like. He is sitting on his potty chair while watching Mickey Mouse cartoons.



5. Damian reading chapter books, We started him on the magic tree house books and told him he could have a new one every time he finished one. So now it is just getting him to sit and read. The First book is Mummy's in the morning.



My goals

1. Get Fit with good friends- Today is my start day

2. To be able to run 6 miles in 1hour right now I can finish 3miles in 35 minutes and that is being nice.

3.Be a better mother- Made waffles for breakfast instead of letting the kids eat cereal.

4.Be a better house keeper- More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment