The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

off topic

Facebook is evil, well sometimes. A friend of mine has a baby and I posted a light comment that she was doing great and someone I don't even know jumped down my throat because she had more right to ask questions and get answered. Well women if you can't keep from telling someone else how to raise their children you are wrong! You need to be encouraging to new mothers and old mothers and all mothers in between. As mothers we are doing what we think is best for our own children. If you think you know better then another parent, then you are not paying enough attention to your children. If someone asks for your advice on a subject then please feel free to answer but if you are demanding a new breastfeeding mother to tell you why she is doing what she is doing on an otherwise sweet post you are wrong. WRONG. Delete your mean post and move on with your life. Also don't attack people you do not know for being encouraging. Get a life.

As for me normally I don't like to be confronting but this is my biggest pet peeve about women in general. So if your offended by being told to be nice then I don't care. Just be kind to one another, as mothers, as sisters we are all worrying to much about our children and if we are raising them right we do not need added pressure.

Anyway off my soap box my children are calling me. Look at the wasted energy I spent on telling some of you to be nice. I know my two followers are nice so it doesn't apply to you.

Be Happy and Nice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment