The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Define me

I often get wrapped up in the number I see on my bathroom scale. I tend to define myself as a success or a failure depending on that one single number. Here is the truth I can not be defined by a single number. I want to be defined by how useful I am to others, by my ability love hard, by my college education, homeschooling my children, my ability to face my fears and move forward, my marriage (that's right friends. I have been married almost eleven years to a man I love more every single day I know him), I love to craft, I am learning to sew clothes, I am always happy to make something for a friend, I am a poet, I can cook, I am happy. I can not be defined by one single silly number. The scale is a tool that I can use to track my health goals.

My promise is to try and stop beating myself up over the scale. I want you to know that you are not defined by the scale. Your beauty is not a number. It is the way you treat the people around you. You are stronger than you can ever imagine, and braver than you know. You are wonderful all the time.

I hope your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said! And you are defining yourself wonderfully! I am proud to know you, and look forward to seeing all the things you will accomplish in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really sweet Erin. I am proud to know you too.

    ReplyDelete