The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bad runs

Yesterday when I went out for my evening run my calf cramped up just under the first mile. I stopped at one mile and stretched. My leg hurt. I don't believe in running through pain. I walked and ran when I thought I could. I have two boys and in order to run with my husband we have them ride their bikes ahead of us. My youngest son fell off of his bike causing us to stop to make sure he was okay. When he asked if we could head home we agreed.

Today I am going to share my splits that my Tom Tom watch recorded for me.

Distance 4.19 miles
Duration 1:03:57
 
Mile 1: 11:47
Mile 2: 16:14
Mile 3: 19:01
Mile 4: 12:36
Mile 5: 4:18 this is just the .19 distance over four miles.
 
I didn't pause my watch when I stopped to stretch and you can get an idea of where my son crashed. It was hard to push past the first mile but I am glad I did. I feel like I'm training. I my goal is to finish the marathon in less than 5 hours. In order to do that I need to do at least 11:26 minutes per mile that pace would put me at finishing at 4 hours 59 minutes to finish in 4 hours and 30 minutes I need to do at least 10:18 minutes per hour. I feel like these are reasonable first marathon goals. My husband has a stretch goal of finishing in four hours! That is 9:07 minutes a mile!
 
To be honest the idea of running 26.2 miles in 4 hours or less and over 5 hours makes my stomach turn! Good thing I still have 26 1/2 weeks to train! I am still extremely nervous and feel unprepared. Am I crazy? I don't know, maybe. Lucky for me today is a rest day.
 
I hope your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment