The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Goodbye 2012


2012 was a good year but when I looked at my goals for the year I cringe just a little.  Now I must face the music and asses how I did on my 2012 goals!

Here are my original goals for 2012:

 
I am going to focus on exercise this year. I want to be on the treadmill at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.
Um, fail here. I let my scale piss me off, dictate me, depress me, and worst of all it ruled me. Lame.

I would really like to lose that last 15 pounds.
The scale won this year I think I started the year at 168ish and when I reluctantly got on the scale today to update my goals the scale said 163ish. It was not the 15 pounds that I wanted but it was 5 down. So I am going to give myself an E for effort! Ha!


Start saving towards retirement. Remember our dream is to homestead or run a small family farm when Rob retires in 10 or so years.

This is a constant goal that never goes away. We did nothing new to save for our future goals but that doesn't mean we did nothing, it just means that we did nothing new. We got to farm sit in October and we realized that farming was really what we both wanted to do. So that is a giant step from maybe to definitely.  

No credit...
Oops. No excuse. Epic Fail.

This year I want to give up eating out!
Dude. I got lazy. My husband does not like to cook but he likes to complain if I make something to many times or my dinner ideas does not sound appealing (I love you husband and we are both at fault here). Fail.

School I am going to take one eight week class at a time so that I do not get overwhelmed and can be a better mother and wife.
Ha Ha! Nailed it!

I would love to take a minute and explore a few things that I fell in love with in 2012:
Doctor Who
Canning
Dress making
Crochet
Milking a cow
Pigs
Reading glasses
Pinterest
I became Catholic this year with my family

Lucky for me a new is starts January 1 2013. It is time to put away the old goals and set new ones. I love a fresh start. A whole new year to discover a new hobby, a new class, there are endless opportunities, and chances to discover a whole new world. I am excited to greet the new year.  Have you thought of any New Years resolutions?  

I hope your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have so much amazingness to show for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like to do these posts at the end of the year to remember that I did some good.

      Delete